Fast, Quick and Easy Venison Stew
This was a year ago, well before the corona virus pandemic, but it was a lot of fun to make and even more fun to eat. Fast, quick and easy venison stew. Enjoy!
- Cubed venison (deer meat) 2 -3 lbs. You can also use any kind of meat you prefer .
- Oil, 2 Tbsp
- 2 Lemons
- Onion, 1 large, diced
- Garlic, 5 cloves
- 3 medium potatoes, Cubed
- Carrots 1 cups
- Celery, 2 stalks diced
- Bell peppers, 2 brightly colored is best, diced
- Scallions, 3-4 stalks
- Broth, 2-3 cups. Any will do but I prefer beef
- Tomato sauce, 10 Ounces
- Salt and pepper
- Dry parsley, Basil, (Really any dry seasoning you have at home and like, to taste)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Crumbled bacon that you fried and crumbled yourself.
- Marinate the venison with lemon, salt and pepper for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a medium heat. Brown the meat until cooked. Set aside.
- Using the same pan add the oil, let it heat up. Brown the the onion and garlic.
- Add the potatoes stir them and brown them for up to 5-8 min.
- Then add the meat, broth and the tomato sauce .
- Add all the seasonings dry parsley, basil or any dry seasonings available in your kitchen.
- Add all the vegetables and Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Simmer and cover until cooked,then add the crumbled bacon on the last then cut the heat.
- Enjoy! Its good to eat the stew with rice .