Strawberry Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- One package plain white cake mix
- One cup chopped strawberries with juice
- One package strawberry gelatin 3 oz.
- 3/4s cup milk
- 3/4s cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature (icing)
- 4 tbs butter at room temperature (icing)
- 3 cups confectioners sugar (icing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 2″ round baking pan with baking spray or 19 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Gently mash strawberries in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin or similar device. You can also use a blender if you like.
- Place cake mix, milk, gelatin mix, vegetable oil and eggs in large mixing bowl. Beat with mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes or so.
- Add in mashed strawberries and juice to cake batter mix. Mix well.
- Pour into cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 38 minutes (until toothpick when inserted comes out clean.)
- Allow to sit 30 minutes if using two round pans to cool completely. If baking in 19 x 13 pan simply allow to cool in pan allow to cool 1 hour.
- Combine all icing ingredients using electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Apply icing to cooled cake and store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Be creative in how you want to put your fresh strawberries for decoration.
Fresh strawberries can also be stirred into the icing, but I prefer mine separate and sliced.